Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When Folding Laundry Becomes a Guilty Pleasure

I have a secret…shhhh….I sometimes watch crappy TV…and I love it. No, I’m not talking about “American Idol” or “House” or “Lost” or “Survivor” or “Desperate Housewives.” I’ll readily admit to viewing those.

I’m talking about the shows that I’d be a teeny bit reluctant to share. I call these my Laundry Folding Guilty Pleasures. They are: “The Real Housewives of New York City,” “Rachel Zoe Project,” “Project Runway” and “Ugly Betty.” I feel about these the way my mom probably felt about “Days of Our Lives.”

God bless the DVR. It allows me to record these shows in our bedroom where I fold clothes. Suddenly, laundry isn’t as tedious or boring as it used to be. In fact, I kinda look forward to it. Is that weird?

I have no interest in becoming “A Real Housewife” and Rachel Zoe and I have nothing in common. But I can’t get enough of their lives…or at least the parts of their lives that producers want us to see. It’s escapism at its very best. And Ugly Betty? I think she’s beautiful, inside and out.

What about you. What are your guilty pleasures?

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger kenju said...

The only one of those GP's I have seen is Ugly Betty, and I like it. I think my guilty pleasure is General Hospital, which I see at 10pm on the nights I haven't watched it at 3pm. Thank God for Soapnet!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home