Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

For Good

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

"For Good" from the musical Wicked

Twenty-two years ago, we became parents. On that day, Andrew came into our life. At the time, it was certainly devastating – not at all what we were expecting. Things like that happen to other people, right. Nevertheless, it did happen to us.

But today, looking back, I feel at peace. Because I firmly believe that Andrew is at peace. I believe he came into our lives for a reason. Some of the reasons I know. Some, I will probably never know. What’s important is that Andrew touched all of us in some way and we are forever changed…for good.

Happy birthday, buddy. Watch over us. We love you.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger kenju said...

I believe that we are put into certain situations so that we can learn life lessons. Perhaps Andrew was a good lesson for you. I hope that your good memories will sustain you.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

perspective is an amazing thing, isn't it? I love that poem. I have been trying like mad to FIND the book "Wicked" at thrift stores and such, no luck. I will find it!! That poem inspires me....

Bless you. Literally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home