Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Please Pass the Geritol

When I was a kid, the true sign of getting old was if you needed Geritol. We had no idea what it did, but the commercials on TV showed old people taking it and suddenly feeling great.

I am happy to say that I have not yet taken Geritol, although based on their website, maybe I should.

Nowadays, there’s a new sign that you’re, well, maybe not old¸ but well on your way: You and your friends are getting a colonoscopy. Although I have a little bit of time before getting my own, today, I’m taking my husband for his colonoscopy. If this means he’s old, then I’m right behind him.

Hopefully, this will be a boring day (for me) and an equally boring and a not too awful and uneventful experience for him.

And if you haven’t considered getting a colonoscopy, allow me to share the wit and wisdom of the always hilarious Dave Barry on this, um, awkward subject. Yeah, sounds like fun, doesn’t it?

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right behind him...ha ha. Couldn't resist the middle school humor. Guess I'm not mature enough for Geritol. Hope he passed with flying colors!

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger kenju said...

In my experience, the preparation for it is much worse than the actual procedure. But then, I've always had a good report. Hope he comes through it with flying colors!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home