Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Willard's Knocking

Most days, I don’t really think about what the President is doing. Occasionally, I’ll see him on TV and think deep thoughts like: “Ooh, that was awkward.” Or, “I wonder if somebody wakes him up in the morning or if he has an alarm clock.”

Today, we have a brand new president. I hope he can fix anything and everything, but I know he can’t. Nevertheless, here’s the daunting thought that entered my mind:

I am older than the President of the United States. Seriously. We’re talking nine months and 19 days. Whoa.

Who cares about the country - when did I get that old? Honestly, I’m only two steps behind the Smucker’s seniors that Willard Scott rambles on about every morning.

It never fails to amaze me how I can take an international event and make it about me.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger kenju said...

LOL....we all do that, don't we? He is young enough to be my son. I'm so crazy about him I wish he were.

 
At 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you don't look older, Karen :)

I'm hoping the Americans have a much better time of it, going forward!

Hey, I'm also here because I wanted to invite you to come over and play the MEET n' GREET this weekend! I'd love to have you a part of the fun... :)

Have a great weekend!

http://netchick.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home