Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Friday, June 01, 2007

50 Things I Love About...Everything!

Because I got some calls. Because some people were worried. Because I'm not a hater, I happily bring you this list.....

1. I love my husband and my children.
2. I love puppies, especially Golden Retrievers.
3. I love chocolate of any kind, except white chocolate which I think is an oxymoron.
4. I love books in which I can get lost and that I can’t wait to get back to reading.
5. I love fall – the cooling weather and stunning colors.
6. I love football – primarily Green Bay Packers, but when desperate will watch almost any kind…unless it’s soccer in which case I have no clue what’s going on.
7. I love music that takes me by surprise and make me want to dance, even though, seriously, I can’t dance.
8. I love good red wine.
9. I love the smell of clean clothes.
10. I love sitting down to a home-cooked meal that I haven’t cooked.
11. I love laughing until my stomach hurts.
12. I love the sound of my children’s laughter.
13. I love watching my husband laugh so hard that he cries.
14. I love a movie that makes me cry at the end.
15. I love looking forward to watching my favorite TV shows.
16. I love waking up in the morning before everyone in my house. It’s my favorite time of day and I don’t have to talk to anyone.
17. I love reading the daily comics.
18. I love good friends that can fill in the gaps of my ever-failing memory.
19. I love sitting next to a pool on a hot day, listening to great music.
20. I love playing tennis – anywhere, anytime.
21. I love receiving compliments, even though they fluster me and I rarely say the right thing in response.
22. I love the smell of babies.
23. I love deep conversations in which you get lost…unless they’re way over my head.
24. I love not taking myself seriously.
25. I love unexpectedly finding something in common with someone new.
26. I love comfy shoes and clothes.
27. I love blue jeans, especially when they’re stretchy – brilliant idea!
28. I love falling asleep on a clean, cold pillow.
29. I love children that like me. How can I not?
30. I love a day where I’ve accomplished several tasks, no matter how menial they are. This explains why I’m a stay-at-home mom.
31. I love a fantastic meal eaten outside at a picturesque spot – or just a nice patio will do.
32. I love surprises.
33. I love change, unless it involves taking away someone that I love.
34. I love being alone in my house, as long as everyone is eventually returning.
35. I love Fridays when People Magazine arrives and I can sit outside and read it leisurely with great music playing on my iPod.
36. I love being in a crowd, cheering for the winning team.
37. I love listening to toddlers talk – hilarious!
38. I love back scratches.
39. I love getting mail – real mail, not junk mail.
40. I love my birthday. As I age, I try not to care, but I always do.
41. I love respectful, thought-provoking, challenging questions of faith.
42. I love making cookies on a chilly day…OK, and nibbling a bit of dough while I’m at it.
43. I love the smell of a wood fire.
44. I love a Broadway musical that gives me chills or makes me cry.
45. I love music festivals on a warm summer day when you find fantastic music and great people watching.
46. I love the sound of men’s wing-tip shoes on a marble floor. (Yeah, call me weird.)
47. I love watching Field of Dreams. Anytime, anywhere. It’s the only movie I can watch over and over and over.
48. I love the feeling of pride I get when my kids do something talented, incredible or just plain nice.
49. I love how smells and songs take me down memory lane in an instant. If a woman walks by me wearing White Shoulders perfume, I immediately think of my mom getting ready to go out somewhere nice with my dad.
50. I love the deep down feeling of contentment that comes when your children are safe, your priorities are in order and your worries are few.

13 Comments:

At 4:03 PM , Blogger kenju said...

I agree with everything but tennis. It is too much hard work for me.....LOL

 
At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is a fabulous thing

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way ...michele says hi

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Angie said...

I love your love and hate lists. I agree with many of them, of course. :)

Just saying hello and thanks for stopping by my blog via Michele's.

I am in Muncie, by the way, so when you come to visit your son, wave at me! ;)

 
At 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Did you know that white chocolate does not contain any cocoa, so it in fact is not a chocolate. I hate it too.

 
At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to struggle writing these kinds of lists!

I hope you're having a good weekend. I popped by from Michelle's :D

Take care.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a wonderful list Karen! I LOVE all the things you love! So good to be here again...I have not been herein a very long time..And I'm so glad Michele sent you over to visit me!

Now, I have to read that next list...below...(lol)

 
At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here via Michele. I liked both your 'hate' and your 'love' lists.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger longspider said...

Great list, Karen!
#6 - um... I guess I feel about football the way you feel about soccer :)

Thanks for the visit last week - sorry it took me so long to stop by here!

 
At 7:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely list.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Janet said...

I'm so with you on #3...and many of the others on your list!

Hi, Michele sent me :-)

 
At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to steal this idea.

Oh, and Hello-Michele sent me.

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger David Edward said...

re: fifty loves: so you don't LOVE blogging?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home