Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Friday, May 25, 2007

50 Things I Hate About...Everything

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but here's a little peek at the darker side of me:

1. I hate fingernails on...I can’t even say it. You know where I’m going with that.
2. I hate name droppers.
3. I hate people that are inconsiderate and don’t think of others around them.
4. I hate when people eat with their mouths open.
5. I hate coconut – the texture not the flavor.
6. I hate thinking that I’ve hurt someone’s feelings.
7. I hate cooking only slightly less than I love eating.
8. I hate houses with odors. If my friends are reading this and my house smells, please tell me.
9. I hate anything wooden in my mouth.
10. I hate when drivers tailgate the elderly – we’ll all be there someday.
11. I hate the thought that one day I won’t be able to play tennis.
12. I hate having to wait for something without reading material. It’s a test of my patience, or lack thereof.
13. I hate talking loudly so that people can hear me.
14. I hate feeling unappreciated.
15. I hate saying goodbye and avoid it at all costs. If I don’t say goodbye to you, it’s because you mean a lot to me.
16. I hate waking up without something to look forward to.
17. I hate when I say something stupid in front of someone that I don’t know.
18. I hate people that don’t shovel in the winter or don’t mow in the summer.
19. I hate that I’ve reached the point that I’m less interesting to my children than the snacks in our cabinet.
20. I hate when my kids expect that I’ll do something without them asking me and then get mad that I haven’t done it.
21. I hate small talk.
22. I hate people that grunt loudly when they work out, as if we’re supposed to be impressed.
23. I hate people that talk loudly on cell phones within 50 yards of me.
24. I hate anything violent or scary in movies or TV.
25. I hate people who let their kids run around any public place and make no attempts to control them.
26. I hate people that let their dogs take them on a walk and bother other people walking by.
27. I hate mean adolescents.
28. I hate when my family puts empty boxes back in the fridge, freezer or cabinets.
29. I hate bees and wasps.
30 Actually, I pretty much hate all bugs.
31. I hate watering the flowers that I plant every year.
32. I hate dirty snow.
33. I hate daytime television.
34. I hate loud TV on in a room when I’m not watching it.
35. I hate the music of the Beach Boys, Elvis and Rush.
36. I hate when people use my name a lot when they talk to me. It makes me feel like they’re trying to sell me something.
37. I hate acne and how it makes people feel.
38. I hate arrogant athletes.
39. I hate people that flaunt their wealth.
40. I hate the so-called sport of boxing.
41. I hate the phrase “There’s no such thing as a stupid question.” Of course there is. There’s stupid everything.
42. I hate when I get so crabby that I can’t stop myself.
43. I hate that all country music sounds the same to me. Same thing for rap.
44. I hate that I get easily distracted when I talk to people and then can’t listen to them. If you have a crumb on your face, don’t bother talking to me. I’m worthless.
45. I hate that I have such a short attention span that I haven’t read much of classic literature.
46. I hate when people that I’ve met several times act like I’m non-existent.
47. I hate that there’s a woman that walks by our house every day who picks the apples of our tree in the fall…without asking.
48. I hate watching George Bush speak unscripted, but I don’t hate George Bush.
49. I hate television news because what isn’t “breaking news” these days?
50. I hate that I sometimes feel more passionate about things that I hate than things that I love.

14 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is one great list. I had to do this when I was in anger therapy. I had trouble stopping at fifty.

Your number 49 was my number one.

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Moon said...

OMG so many of those were true for me ..and man, I just wanna tackle the woman who picks your apples! What ever happened to just asking if its ok? Shesh!
Michele says hi btw, glad I stopped by

 
At 6:03 AM , Blogger The Turmanators said...

I had to laugh at a number of those...so true. Especially the last one! I can become so fired up about things that piss me off.

I also had to laugh b/c I have taught my 3 and 5 year olds not to use "hate", since at that age they are unable to differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate use of the word ("I hate green beans" versus "I hate Miss Lynn"). So my 3 year old would say to you "we don' say "hate" or "stupid" or "na na boo boo", and we don' talk about poop or pee pee". This litany never fails to crack me up.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger David Edward said...

Please tell me you don't hate swedish massage, because that is what I recommend to get rid of most of all the things irritating you.
You are worth it! Find a good massage therapist.
That said, count me in for most of these , but especialy 33, 39, 41, 44, 45, ( i am ADD) and 49.

 
At 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MY GOSH!! #4 is the highest on my list. Food smackers and gum chompers deserve a special place in Hell.

Seriously.

Love the list. And can I just say, can I be your friend??

:)

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

So many of them I agree with.

I hate visiting someone and they leave the tv on, even more with the sound still on.

Michele sent me.

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I hate that I didn't come up with the idea to do a list like this! It's great. The ones I totally relate to: Numbers 19, 29, 34. I'd tell that apple-pickin' bitch to stay outta the yard!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Karen Townsend said...

That's a great list. I'm with you on most of it.

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger kenju said...

I hope you feel better now, after the rant.....LOL

"I hate talking loudly so that people can hear me." well, I hate asking people to repeat themselves because they didn't speak loudly enough the first time! My doc told me last week tht one of my ears is completely closed off with wax, and until I can get it cleaned out - I will be deaf as a doornail!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Hate is a very strong emotion which I have tried to give up. I suspect you were perhaps exaggerating in some cases. However I am totally with you on #10. Blast them!
Michele says hi!

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh geeze some of these are so true. 49 definitely and 39...and 48...with the exception of the fact that I do dislike him strongly at least as president...as a man he would probably be great fun.

Oh and Michele says hi.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm not sure why, but the old Ugly Kid Joe song "I Hate Everything About You" popped into my head and won't leave...

Here from Michele, hoping you find an equal or greater number of things to love.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Jess Riley said...

*Hugs* you know, I've been feeling very cynical & anxious lately, and it's nice to know I'm not alone! Hang in there...soon enough you'll want to post 50 things you love!!!

(I laughed at #49 because just last night on the local news three distinct things were "Breaking News," which were BREAKING AGAIN after every commercial, and then again at 10. Give me a break, people.)

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL...Well, I can relate to some of these, for sure! This is a great list, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home