Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Speechless

Those of you who are regulars...oh, who am I kidding? There are so few of you that I could probably name everyone personally. Anyway, you're probably wondering where I've been. Oh, I've been here. Me and the hubby and the girl-teen, hunkered down up here in the frozen tundra. Seriously, are we actually thinking that Global Warming is a possibility because I've got negative 12 reasons why it probably isn't. Yeah, it's that cold. (OK, all you greenies, don't get all up in arms! This is sarcasm. I'm in agreement that all this crap that we do is probably blowing a gigantic whole in the ozone. Don't be haters - OK?)

Anyway, I have to be perfectly honest and tell you that my creativity-meter is on low. Why? Well, because it's usually fueled by interaction with my children, which is why my blog is titled "Momhood." The problem is, if I don't interact, I have nothing to write. And lately, interaction has been at an all-time low. No, we are not in a fight. That actually would be interaction. We are in a state of suspended parenting. Yes, I am currently living through that glorious phase where every single thing I say is hated. Words barely leave my mouth before they are swatted away as useless, annoying dribble. I haven't felt this worthless since my son needed to learn to pee standing up. Basically, I can't say anything right and so I've chosen not to say much at all. Yes, I have a spine. You see, I'm picking my battles and this is one in which I'm Switzerland. It's just better if I back off a little bit and say as little as possible.

It'll be OK. I have my writing, my TV and, thank God, my husband. That man deserves a Purple Heart for being in the middle of this estrogen-fest. In the meantime, go check out my archives. Or just send me an e-mail and say "Hi Karen. I feel your pain!"

10 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a comment instead of an e-mail? I feel your pain.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Joan said...

Hi Karen. I'm new to your blog and I don't have kids but, for some reason, I really do feel your pain! Hang in there...it will eventually get better...honest...I wouldn't lie.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I miss seeing out out there, but do understand. The loving wife and I had many ups and downs raising the kids. Once you get back to the top of the hill the ride is a blast.

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

I just have to tell you that I've been wondering what happened to you. One day, you posted about your stress test and possible radioactive exposure from the hat filled waiting room... and then NOTHING. Glad to hear that your "silence" was due to "The Silence of Your Kids". (Hannibal Lecter doesn't live near you, does he?)LOL

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Em said...

We've got three teenage children. I feel your pain every day!!! I fondly remember when I would talk and people would listen and, on a good day, actually respond with words and/or actions of their own. Now I blog. People here still respond. LOL

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger kenju said...

I DO feel your pain. I know it will get better. Meanwhile, you could pick another subject to write about, couldn't you?

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Star said...

Hang in there Karen. I's worth it when they grow past this stage.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Jess Riley said...

It's the weather. Hang in there Karen!

 
At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I just stuck a note on the door that says:
THE HOUSE IS CLEAN.
NO MESS.
NO CRUMBS
NO NOISE
MOM IS NAPPING
DO NOT WAKE.

And I mean it.

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

Switzerland is a very, very good thing to be when you have teenagers. Just hang in there! (And I get you on the global warming thing ... my latest blog post is titled "Al Gore Can Suck It.")

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home