Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Dawn



As I write this, it’s very early Christmas morning. I am the only one awake. Just me and the newspaper delivery guy who never gets a day off. The house is blissfully quiet. And yet, I can’t help but think of Christmases past when we’d be well into our unwrapping extravaganza by now. Last night, as hubby helped me haul the gifts from their hiding place, he made the simple comment: “Huh. You’ve done it again. You’ve gone overboard.” When he said it, my first inclination was to be offended. But instead I thought to myself: Yeah, I did go overboard. Because it’s what I do.

In about 5 minutes, (after all, it IS almost 7:00 am!) I'm going to go and wake them up, because that's also what I do.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and New Year Blessings to each and every one of you. Oh, and the photo above is a peek at our tree before the Christmas fun begins. I can’t wait!

4 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Blogger kenju said...

Karen, I am sure it doesn't look like that by now! I hope that you and yuour family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Star said...

Merry Christmas Karen. Hubby and I were just remeniscing how we would be lying awake in bad in anticipation of the kids waking up.

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Linda said...

you get a paper on Christmas? We don't even get a SATURDAY paper...so this year, we got the "extended" Sunday version.

Oh, and since we don't get a Saturday paper, we don't get the regular Sunday funnies, either. Our paper is an evening edition, so we get the next day's comics. Bummer.

Your tree was lovely, and I hope all the presents under it were truly appreciated.

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

coming in late for this, but my husband said the same freaking thing to me Christmas Eve as we got stuff out and it sooo pissed me off.

I told him he can do all the shopping next year. What the hell do they know? They are clueless when it comes to gift-giving!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home