Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Surfin' for Purpose

Yep, there's no doubt about it. I need to get busy. Teen boy has left for college, leaving me alone with estrogen overloaded 13-year old Super-chick and ever supportive hubby. As a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom for the uninitiated), you'd almost expect me to consider re-employment. After all, it would support my dangerous shopping addiction. (Have a mentioned that a Crate & Barrel is opening here next week? Take away my car keys....NOW.) However, I have sufficiently burned my middle-aged self out on working and am still recovering.

Nevertheless, I'm spending far too much time surfing the internet. So much time that I've developed carpal tunnel. What am I doing, you ask? Sometimes I look for silver jewelry or I read a favorite blog or two. Then I like to read the scoops on celebrities and after that I want to see someone make fun of them. As you can see, this is what some would call "busy work." Total nonsense. Waste of time.

It's time for me to "give back" and get out. I'll be frank, I'm nervous about it. I have the tendency to do and say stupid things at the most inopportune times. I'm not sure where to start, I only know that I should...somewhere.

Anybody have any good ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home