Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A Maternal Stuckeys

"Stop talking to me! If you think you're earning points, you're not. You're just annoying me."

How's that for a great way to start your day? Gee whiz - what did I do to deserve that from my child? I guess by trying to be pleasant and asking questions about a camp she is in - a camp she seems to enjoy. Apparently she enjoys the camp, but not the person that paid for it. Oh well. I know that motherhood isn't a popularity contest, but don't I get any "points" for being Mrs. Congeniality? I try and I ignore. It's definitely a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sometimes I can break through and have a nice conversation, but lately that's few and far between. I'm sad. The child that used to lovingly call me "mama" and hug me a lot, now finds me to be a necessary evil. She doesn't really want to do away with me entirely - she wants what I can give her. But she doesn't like me. That's a bitter pill to swallow. I always thought I was quite likeable - apparently I was wrong. I'm merely a service station along the highway of her life. Sometimes I'm pleasant to visit - in fact, it may even be a relief to see me some times - but generally, it's "fill 'er up" and drive away. That pretty much sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home