Momhood

Motherhood, insanity and everyday life.

Friday, December 30, 2005

22 Things

Today is my 22nd Wedding Anniversary. Yes, that means 22 years of hubby putting up with me. I think he deserves sainthood, don't you? Well, in lieu of that, and because he's half-responsible for my "momhood," here are 22 reasons why he's the best:

1. He actually married me even after I broke up with him once using the lyrics from a Dan Fogelberg song. (Yeah, I know - I suck.)
2. He asked me to marry him after a day of bowling and while we were watching The Love Boat.
3. When I worked, he was ultra-supportive of my career and my parenting abilities.
4. He calls and asks my opinion on issues and challenges at work, even when I have no clue what he's talking about.
5. He's the proudest and best dad in the world. He brags about our kids and has given them their talent for and love of music.
6. He reads my blog and never criticizes it, even when my writing is sub-par.
7. He eats my cooking and actually compliments me on it, even when I know it doesn't even come close to good.
8. He's got more patience than I could ever dream of having.
9. When I have a problem, he always tries to help me solve it, even after I criticize his suggestions.
10. He loves to eat as much as I do.
11. He respects me and believes in me, even when I no longer believe in myself.
12. He made me a Green Bay Packer fan, and even after this season, it's still a good thing.
13. He always helps when I ask him - always.
14. He actually likes to go shopping, sometimes more than I do.
15. He's smarter than I'll ever be and is a good teacher as a result.
16. He's never crabby in the morning and understands that I am.
17. He always makes me feel like I look good, even when I don't.
18. He has lived through nearly a quarter-century with the crabbiest woman on earth...and still speaks to her.
19. He's a great listener.
20. He makes me feel important and never criticizes me.
21. He's not very expressive, but he tries really hard because it matters to me.
22. I trust him more than anyone else on earth and will love him forever.

What can I say? I'm one really, really lucky woman! Happy Anniversary hubby!

30 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're both lucky :) Congratulations!

 
At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! lovely list, I love Dan Fogelberg (your post brought memories back!) and our 21st anniversary is on Jan 2. Here via Michele's this time, happy New Year!

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger craziequeen said...

Lovely list, Karen :-)

20yrs with MB and not a single anniversary - I bet that's why he's never proposed..... :-)

Here via Michele's

cq

 
At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like you've got 22 good reasons to have been married to him for 22 years! Happy Anniversary! Here via Michele's!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Did you share the list with him? I'm betting he'd be flattered.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Marisa said...

That was beautiful Karen!

And as lucky as you are, he's pretty lucky to have a wife who would PUBLICLY post suck an homage.

Happy Anniversary and New Year to you all!

While Michele sent me today, I'm still a regular!

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Congratulations and Happy New Year!
Michele sent me.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Congratulations, and what a lovely list. You obviously have a really good relationship & partnership.

here from micheles

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger craziequeen said...

Of course, I wouldn't swap my 20yrs for anything - anniversaries or no anniversaries :-)

cq
Michele sent me - again :-)

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

22 years is a good start! Happy Anniversary sounds like you've got a keeper! Thanks for stopping by today...and I argee Mother Nature should have been the person to the year!

Lazy Daisy

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Crabby"? "Don't look good"? I bet both of those are base canards. If your husband was writing the 22, he would include such stuff as "even-tempered," "lovely," etc. See how this works out?

I mean, you just HAVE to be a good person if you're still sticking with the Packers.

Oh, I'm here from Michele's joint.

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Star said...

Happy Anniversary!We just had our 33rd in December.

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Here's a two-pronged message:

Happy Anniversary!
Happy New Year!

Enjoy them both.

Michele sent me here.

 
At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he sounds great! You must be, too. Happy Anniversary!

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Congrats on 22 years! That's quite an accomplishment anymore.

Here via Michele's

happy new year

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like #16! Happy Anniversary!

Found you at Michele's.

 
At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see someone still in love after 22 years. He sounds like a good man. I've only been married 8 months but look forward to many. Michele sent me! Happy New Year.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Prego said...

I didn't think it was possible for a guy to be #19. Tell me he's just pretending.

Michele sent me today. I keep forgetting to bookmark you for a regular visit! Maybe today.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Michele sent me. Happy New Year

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger WendyWings said...

Happy anniversary what a great list. Michele sent me today ;)

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Congratulations!!!

michele sent me.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Ally said...

Happy anniversary and a happy new year to you. I hope the teenage hormones settle down :).

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger melinama said...

Oh, you are SO lucky! Congratulations.

Here from Michele.

 
At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's wonderful to hear of a long term successful and loving relationship! I am jealous! LOL

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger ribbiticus said...

happy anniversary to the both of you! kudos for sticking it out this long. nowadays, a marriage such as yours is a rarity, even in a conservative country like ours. divorce is not legalized here in the philippines, yet even just among my friends, the ratio of couples who have lasted more than 5 years is getting lower and lower.

here via michele today. happy new year! :)

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Panthergirl said...

What a wonderful list!!! I don't think you're crabby, but you certainly are self-effacing. If he likes your writing and your cooking, it may be because they are both good. ;)

You are both very lucky.

Happy New Year, Karen!

Here via michele.

 
At 12:31 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Beautiful post. Sorry it is belated, but I wish you a very happy anniversary!

 
At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Hi again from Michele's.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger fin said...

you've been converted!

 
At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your writing, sub-par? Hmmm...I think I just saw a pig fly by my window!

Hi, Michele sent me :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home